Help us express appreciation to our servicemen and women again this year through the donating, packing and sending of holiday cheer boxes to deployed
military units around the world. There are three ways to participate:
- Plan to attend the SAGE (Senior Adults Giving Everywhere) luncheon/meeting on Friday, Dec 7. Following our social time and lunch together, we all pitch in to pack boxes of donated items and get them ready for shipment to various military units around the world. A $5 donation is requested to cover the cost of your lunchwhich will begin at 11:30.This is a mission opportunity that speaks to those of any age, and everyone is invited to attend regardless of age.
- Between Nov 18-Dec 7, we will be collecting the following items in a box in the west Narthex area. If you find it in your heart and means to help by donating any of these types of items, please bring them to the church between now and Dec 7, marked “for any soldier.”
- Beef jerky
- Energy bars
- “Clif bars”
- Nuts/trail mix
- Hard Candies
- Travel size hygiene products (deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, soap)
- Laundry pods
- Feminine hygiene products
- Handwritten notes to go into the boxes, reminding our soldiers they are loved and not forgotten, especially at this holiday season
- Too busy to shop but want to help? Financial donations are welcomed. We can shop for you and see that your items are shipped, or we can use your donation to help offset the cost of postage ($17.40 per box). Just designate “for any soldier” with your financial gift and we will put it to good use.
For more information or to sign up for the Dec 7, lunch contact the church office 813-689-4597 or Terrie Morrison, 813-655-0990, email@example.com.